These green beans are crispy on the outside, yet tender on the inside. The coconut oil augments the sweetness of the beans, and along with the crunchy mustard seeds, lends texture as well.
about 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to roast at 400°F (205°C)
2. Clean and trim green beans.
3. Place green beans in a baking dish.
4. Drizzle with melted coconut oil.
5. Sprinkle with rosemary, mustard seeds, garlic salt, and pepper.
6. Toss and mix to ensure the green beans are evenly coated in oil and spices.
7. Roast at 400°F (205°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until all the green beans are crispy.
8. Stir green beans half way through cooking.
9. Remove from oven; add hemp seeds and walnuts. Toss well.
10. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
Serve with wild rice or quinoa for a complete, plant-based meal.
#Hemp Provides Steady Nourishment for Activities
Your main objective throughout your day of hiking or other outdoor adventures is to never become hungry or thirsty. Always fuel the fire, as it’s very important to your body. When you start to get hungry, restore your energy by fueling up on a nutrient dense snack. These are foods in their whole, natural forms and, again, are easy to digest. #PACKYOURHEMPSEEDS
Key Point: You’ll be minimizing the energy wasted in the digestion process. (Fuel on unrefined, unprocessed foods)
If you fuel efficiently, you’ll be easing digestive strain, and you will have a consistent level of energy across the entire day of hiking peaks and valleys.
Owner of BEVEGAN® Grassroots Health. Board Certified Holistic Health Coach. AKA Miss Bellevue Vegan. Plant-Based Health Consultant. Vegan Athlete. Outdoor Enthusiast. Outdoor Gear Reviewer. Author. Cotopaxi Local Ambassador. Animal Lover. Dreamer. Believer.
Stay in the Know!
Sign up for Grassroots Hemp emails to be the first to learn of new recipe posts, plant-based learnings and more.