It’s a huge mountain, the tallest in Washington, a major victory, and an emblematic challenge for outdoor enthusiasts. It’s the big one—Mount Rainier—with nearly 9,000 feet of elevation gain, roughly 2/3 the amount of oxygen available versus sea level, and 50+ pounds of weight on your back. But it’s totally worth it when you’re standing on top of the 14,409-foot peak, with walls of ice and breathtaking views of the sun coming up over the curve of the earth, in front of you. Don’t be surprised if you’re at a loss for words. - Kristin Wuhrman
We've all heard of cleanses and food detoxes, but what about a mind detox? Just like our bodies need a period of time to get rid of toxic or unhealthy substances, our minds need a period of time to get rid of or at least minimize negative and unhelpful thoughts. Here are some key signs that you need a mind detox:
1. You have high levels of anxiety, racing thoughts and/or panic attacks
2. You are always feeling overwhelmed
3. You seem to be comparing yourself to others a lot
4. You are glued to your phone and social media
5. Negative talk gets your excited
6. You feel disconnected from the world
7. You tell yourself you don't have any friends
Do you relate to any of these? If so, be honest with yourself about your thoughts/behaviors and dive in and try a mind detox! I've included some suggestions below to help you move away from negative thoughts and towards a more positive and healthy mindset.
1. Creative a list of positive experiences you enjoy/love for yourself
2. Find a hobby you enjoy
3. Engage in daily meditation (traditional or active)
4. Start Journaing and reflecting back on positive moments and experiences
5. Engage in physical activity
6. Spend time outdoors!
7. Unplug for a few hours
Owner of BEVEGAN® Grassroots Health. Board Certified Holistic Health Coach. AKA Miss Bellevue Vegan. Plant-Based Health Consultant. Vegan Athlete. Outdoor Enthusiast. Outdoor Gear Reviewer. Author. Cotopaxi Local Ambassador. Animal Lover. Dreamer. Believer.
Stay in the Know!
Sign up for Grassroots Hemp emails to be the first to learn of new recipe posts, plant-based learnings and more.